Some info and kit we think works well for Adventure Biking:
- Some Lightweight Hiking Tips: just like hiking, every extra gram and cubic centimeter you pack adds up. If you are not careful that can all accumulate to unnecessarily large loads. Many people think that because the bike is carrying the load it doesn’t matter, but it does. If nothing else, adopting the same mind set as a hiker will help you find ways to reduce weight and space.
- Basic Lightweight Hiking Foods
- Stanley Adventure Camp Cook Set 24oz Stainless Steel. This very neat little unit doesn’t take up much space, and is quite light weight. It can perform three different functions; pot, kettle and bowl. It includes two plastic cups as well. The lid includes holes to drain water when cooking pasta etc.
- First Ascent Amplify 900 Sleeping Bag: Suitable for most SA weather, except maybe the middle of winter. Packs up into a very small size
- First Ascent Pillow: Big enough to actually be useful when inflated, but still packs into a nice small size.
- Klymit Static V2 Inflatable Sleeping Pad 72″ x23″ x2.5″: Packs up to about the size of a 1L water bottle, while being extremely comfortable when inflated.
Also please have a look at some suggested adventure biking accessories available from Amazon.